The Basics of Quit Drinking Alcohol

My Basic Methods in Quitting Drinking Alcohol

In my previous article: About this Blog, I explained why I decided to make this website. I discussed roughly my story and the basics of my quit drinking methods that made my life pretty much normal from the time when I quit drinking alcohol. To give you a better picture, I decided to write an article about the basic methods how I managed to quit drinking and get out of the terrible situation I was hooked into. This essays or should I say articles about tips to quit alcohol are basically written to give you an insight on where to begin if you are planning to stop drinking alcohol. This can help you established a good starting point wherein you can make actions today and do efforts that can be useful in your journey. I will try to be honest and sincere so that you will find this article useful in getting to the road of recovery from alcoholism.

The unexpected eye-opener that stroked me begins when I realized it is indeed drinking excessively was the reason why I am not able to accomplish my task. I finally reached the conclusion that I need to do something about my drinking problems. I need to have a good path up on which I can walk my feet in overcoming those problems. I made my self strong-minded to complete the necessary works involving how to stop alcohol from ruining my entire life and the lives of the people around me. I also look for ways on how to change the way I think about the world so that only the positive ideas will flow right into me. I always bear in my mind that I need to change for the better and change from the man who is addicted to the substance to the man I sought to become. I was also instantly conscious that once I stop abusing alcohol, it would rationally help me to achieve my goals. I learned that it is indeed true. After deciding to quit drinking and act on the problems, I slowly turn my self into a responsible person with family on my top priorities and had become a good individual inside and out.

Nonetheless, you may ask me why you should listen to my advice about quitting alcohol. Why should you consider my tips and suggestion when it comes on beating alcoholism? Why listen to a person who is diagnosed as an alcoholic instead to medical people or doctors? Well, the truth is, I am not an alcohol addiction expert. I am not claiming that I know everything when it comes to addiction and things related to it. But my experiences and stories will tell you. My ideas come from those experiences and those experiences are great teachers that teach me how to survive this kind of condition. In the past, I did what I had to do to overcome alcoholism. I always thought that I can’t get out of the terrible situation but I did. And now, to give you a better view, here are some of the basic methods that I used and implemented in order to fight and win over my drinking problems.

If you are uncertain to quit drinking alcohol, it can help you decide if you motivate yourself by means of thinking all the terrible and bad experiences that you encountered in the past. Remind yourself about the negative incidents that occur while you are under the influence of alcohol. Think of the bad decisions you made, the public scandal and indecent moves that you commit and all the troubles you were involve to if you want to be determined in quitting alcohol. Positive feelings come after thinking these situations because it will allow you to find solutions to those problems. This will allow you to think about changing the way you act as well as focusing on the solutions to the problems at hand.

Get supports from family members, friends and relatives. Ask their moral support and valuable guidance so that you can have good motivations to think about. Family should be your top reason why you are thinking of stopping drinking. Your family should be your top priority on giving up any kind of addictive because they are the people who will take good care of you in sickness and in health, as the saying goes. Never let them down. Show them that you have the guts to quit drinking and overcome your cravings. Even if you are experiencing withdrawal symptoms, you should not stop to show them that you are determined to get your life back. Family’s supports play a huge role in quitting alcohol. They can provide you the ties and supports which you can’t find in alcohol rehabilitation center.

Visualize your self as a free man. After thinking of the negative side, you can think about the positive side. Picture your self of the man you wanted to become - an alcohol-free man who is responsible and will do his best to maintain not drinking and abusing alcohol. You can also think about how you will feel if you gain back the respects and the love that has been lost while you allow alcohol rule over your life.

You can do these tips while you are quitting drinking and I am sure you can get out of the situation quickly. You can quit drinking alcohol on your own and you can have the life you always wanted.

Sam

Post a Comment

  © Quit Drinking Articles 2000 by GlassPOE 2009

Back to TOP